Episode 1: Ek wil trek – First Thoughts
Welcome to the very first Episode of “Ons vir Jou… Wat nou?” – Ek wil trek – First Thoughts.
It’s estimated that 3% (+/- 1,6mil) of all South Africans are currently preparing to emigrate or have already begun the process of emigration.
In season 1 we will investigate all the phases of Emigration. Today we kick off with step number 1, where we will discuss the first step “Ek wil trek” – First Thoughts. We will look into the reasons and motivation of wanting to make the move.
Top 10 reasons for leaving sunny SA:
1. Improved safety and security
2. Better future for children
3. No confidence in the future of your country of origin.
4. Government’s affirmative action policy
5. Deterioration in social services
6. Decline in your quality of life
7. Decline in living standards
8. Higher earnings potential
9. Prospect for professional
10. Lower taxation rates
- The number of emigration queries by South Africans increased by 70% from 2018 to 2019.
- The Enterprise Observatory of South Africa (EOSA), estimates that for every professional immigrating to South Africa , eight professionals are emigrating.
Questions/Topics we will discuss in this episode
- What happened/ motivated us to start thinking about emigrating?
- First steps/actions/discussions after these thoughts and timeline from thought to action
- Response from immediate environment – spouse/ family/ close friends
We take a first look at the SAFFA INDEX – Our first price comparison is Brandy/Brannas
Follow us on:
Facebook: Ons vir jou podcast
Shout outs Music and sound editing: Etienne Swanepoel (from “africa_withet”).
Follow him on Instagram @africa_withet