Sit back, pour a brannewyn and listen how these 3 SAFFA manne unpack episode 2 of OnsVirjou-WatNou the Potgooi.
Anecdotal evidence indicates that around 23k South Africans are leaving the South African boarders on a yearly basis. In this episode the manne will cover six key points to consider in your process to choosing a specific destination, which includes:
- Duration of your move: MOST IMPORTANT in our opinion, is how long is the period that you want to go for?
- Weather and your climate “jassie”: many of us are weather sensitive person and believe us this is crucial in your choice of country or destination.
- Language: could be a barrier and in our opinion one of the key elements to consider.
- Work environment and selective sector: Obtaining a sponsorship, getting your visa requirements in place and lining up all your admin ducks can be an onerous task. there for the manne recommend to start early in your process.
- Hard currency: These is an opportunity to earn some hard currency and take money back to SA (this point interlinks well with point a. above).
- Time zones: Your future connection back to SA & time zone relevancies is essential and Eduan share more about his past experience living on the other side of the world multiple time zones away from ‘home’.
And remember share, listen and subscribe to form part of the expat community.
Follow us on:
Facebook: Ons vir jou podcast
Shout outs Music and sound editing: Etienne Swanepoel (from “africa_withet”).
Follow him on Instagram @africa_withet