Soos uit oudergewoonte we kick off with a quote aligned with our topic of today “what I miss and how do I adjust”.
“I wish there was a way to know you were in the good old days before you left them”. This quote gets one thinking no matter how happy and contended life we are living, memories of the past are always a part of our mind. There are some precious moments and beautiful hours or things that often leave us nostalgic and bring a meaningful smile to our face.
The SAFFA manne have asked a couple of subscribed listeners living abroad and the poll indicated that these are the TOP 5 items they miss and 3 ITEMS they don’t miss:
WHAT WE MISS
- Family and moments with family.
- The sun and good weather.
- Food items such as steak, potjiekos etc.
- Specific reoccurring places in SA and holidays such as the wildtuin and ‘die see’.
- Your favorite item from Woolworths SA.
Listen in as the guys touch base on these items for ways that they’ve found not to replace but to rather to adjust ‘living without’ these items.
WHAT WE DON’T MISS
- Division and onrus – such as Looting events.
- Sitting in N1 traffic (specifically in Gauteng).
- General Violence and lack of security.
“The good old days are now” and if you miss something, make an adjustment or find an alternative.
SAFFA INDEX – Flight Ticket to Sunny South Africa
Shout outs Music and sound editing: Etienne Swanepoel (from “africa_withet”).
Follow him on Instagram @africa_withet