In this episode Eduan caught up with Danelle Labuschagne from FFG Global.
Danelle is a Tax and Financial Emigration expert.
During the episode we spoke about the VERY HOT TOPIC of “Financial emigration”.
- Financial Emigration in South Africa is a formal process, governed by SARS, where you stop your tax residency in South Africa
- This is necessary if your intention is not to return to South Africa.
- You have to formally let SARS know that your intention is to reside abroad in order to get out of the South African tax net. A mere emigration or cease of residency does not result in financial emigration.
- It is important to determine possible CGT implications that financial emigration might entail.
- There is a R1,25m exemption for expats working abroad. But even with this exemption, an annual income tax return needs to be submitted to SARS, which will include all income (local and foreign) in the taxable income calculation.
- Your Financial Emigration can be backdated.
- Stay tax compliant and consider financial emigration if that is the right route for you.
- Website: http://ffg.global/
- Email Danelle directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WhatsApp her @ +27 60 974 4659
SAFFA INDEX: Income Tax Rates
Follow us on: Instagram: @onsvirjoupodcast
Facebook: Ons vir jou podcast